Resources and links for pet information and organizations.
- Vaccination guidelines for cats from the American Assoc of Feline Practitioners Vaccine recommendations have changed! Keep up to date by reading what the experts have to say.
- Tripawds: A Blog site celebrating the mobility of three-legged pets.
- Veterinary Partner: Questions about your pet? This link will connect you with the world’s first and largest online veterinary database and community. Veterinary Partner provides reliable information for pet owners from Veterinary Information Network. VIN is an online community of veterinarians providing consultation from board certified professionals advising your local veterinarians.
- International Veterinary Acupuncture Society (IVAS): – Interested in locating a veterinary acupuncturist? IVAS can assist you in finding a certified veterinary acupuncture practitioner in your area.
- Montana Pets on the Net: Looking for a new friend? Montana Pets on the Net lists pets available at Montana humane societies and shelters, as well as statewide events.
- Cat Info-Common Sense, Healthy Cats: Interested in learning more about what food to feed your cat? This informative site provides insights into feline nutrition, health, and rescues.
- Electronic Zoo: Need additional pet-related resources? The Electronic Zoo provides categorized veterinary medical and animal-related information on the Internet.
- Dog Owner’s Guide: Love dogs? This online magazine for dog owners provides all kinds of information about living with dogs. The site’s features include breed profiles, training tips, health information, book lists, and hundreds of articles.
- The Argus Institute at Colorado State: This site provides information and grief support from Colorado State University, including dealing with pet loss, coping with sick companion animals, and responding to children’s needs during the loss of a pet.
- Petloss.com: Petloss.com is a gentle and compassionate website for pet lovers who are grieving over the illness or death of a beloved pet. Here you will find personal support, thoughtful advice, as well as many additional links.
- Janet & Binky’s Table of Canned Cat Food Nutritional Information: Calm Animal Care recomends that diabetic cats be supplemented with, and eventually changed over to, low carbohydrate canned foods. This is a page showing several different brands and the percentage of calories from carbohydrates; we recommend that diabetic cats stay below 10%.
- Pawsitive Performance Canine Physical Rehabilitaton: Canine Rehabilitation is a collaboration of two highly educated and licensed professions, physical therapy and veterinary medicine in Helena, Montana. This team approach ensures that your dog will receive the best of both worlds—the veterinary and the physical therapy knowledge and expertise.