Music & Community — Calm Animal Care. Barbara Calm’s other pursuits and passions when not helping pets feel better and stay healthy.
Tra Le Gael – A spirited ensemble playing Celtic tunes with harmony, humor and joy.
Tropical Montana Marimba Ensemble Gigs: Tropical Montana Marimba Ensemble plays music inspired by the traditions of the Shona Tribe of Zimbabwe.
Swiftcurrent — Wild and Scenic Acoustic Music
Second Wind— Celtic music with Warmth and Passion
Grin and Bear It String Clan: The Grin and Bear It String Clan is an enthusiastic and fun gathering of musicians playing oldtime and eclectic tunes.
Missoula Folklore Society: “Dedicated to promoting, preserving, enjoying and sharing the music, dance, arts, crafts,
and skills of contemporary and traditional cultures and generally having a pretty good time.” These folks put on contradances from October through May, and the Bear Hug Mountain Festival and Contra Dance Camp — an annual fun-filled weekend of music, dancing, and storytelling on Flathead Lake in September.
Northwest Folkife Festival: The Northwest Folklife Festival is the annual free celebration of year-round ethnic, folk, and traditional arts in Seattle. At least one of Dr Calm’s musical ensembles performs there every year.
Our Local Community.
- The Humane Society of NW Montana: The Humane Society of Northwest Montana, home of the Charlotte Edkins Animal Adoption Center. Adopt a shelter pet today!
- The Flathead Valley Beacon: The Flathead Valley Beacon is an independent news source delivering thought-provoking news and commentary.
- The Nurturing Center: The Nurturing Center in Kalispell is committed to helping people be the best parents they can be, guiding them to resources such as quality childcare, support groups, mentoring programs and parenting information.
- Painter/ Sculptor Betsey Hurd depictis what she knows; horses and cows, sheep, dogs — all the four-leggeds that she lives with, and observes.
- John Ashley Fine Art Photography: John is a wonderful Kila artist whose images are reminiscent of the natural beauty and humor of wild places and wild critters. You may notice a number of these prints around Calm Animal Care.
- First Night Flathead : Alcohol-free, family-oriented entertainment on New Years Eve in downtown Kalispell. Calm Animal Care is a sponsor, and Dr Calm is a participant
Our Greater Community
Animal Welfare Projects
Blogs of Travelers We Know and Love
- The Way and the Wayfarers — Dr Calm’s son Neil writes and photographs his travels around the world with his best friend
- Wholesome Harvest — Mika, Neil’s partner in travel and life, is a vegetarian tasting and writing her way through South America